Saturday, January 27, 2007

cram it, apple!

Well It has finally happened. the dreaded day has arrived and stuck it's wet finger in my week's ear. Today is a black day in allison history. The iPod has finally murdered, nay, slaughtered my love of music.

i knew it would happen eventually, it was only a matter of time. clearing song after song from my playlist i realized the iPod had transformed my entire music collection into one giant mix CD i made for myself that i can't stand anymore and though i tell other people my mixes are the shit, i silently know they're kind of lame.

Thanks Apple Systems, my soul takes another hit as you disable my love of music. hands to sky what won't you take from me.

i no longer care for music. i would skip every song if i could. and have been. and will continue to. for all eternity. because there is nothing that i want.

and i blame the iPOD. it's selection, it's timing, it's program for complete randomness, when we all know it's not random what the ears want. no regard for my preferences, the weather, the time of the day, the day of the week (though it did often play manic monday on mondays).

we used to go for walks, my iPOD and me. or shall i say may iPod and i becaues that's what we were like one mind, like the pod was an extension of myself. often all i wanted was to walk around listening to the music i loved so dearly. those times are over. the thrill is gone.

and it's not that i haven't added music i've downloaded. I have. i'm not a jerk. but not at a rate which exceeds the rate at which i become sickened by things.

perhaps this rate is constant, i know i'd like to think so.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home